Nutrition in ICU
There are 12 pages on this module which take 35 min to read. The associated questions at the end should take 5 min and should be attempted only after the module is completed.
The links are provided to make navigation through the module easier. They contain essential information that form a part of this module.
Remember to click all the links and enable pop-ups in your web browser.
- To discuss the causes of malnutrition in critically patients and the benefits of nutritional support in ICU.
- To list the effects of starvation, refeeding and overfeeding on metabolism and the gut.
- To perform nutritional assessment of the ICU patient.
- To learn about nutritional requirements for the ICU patient.
- To learn about different types of feed
- To become familiar with methods of feeding in ICU, the feeding tubes available and the risks and benefits of these methods